To outline the Community Living York South policy with respect to perquisites. This policy is in accordance with and governed by the Broader Public Sector Perquisites Directive issued by Management Board of Cabinet effective August 2, 2011, which forms part and parcel of our own internal policy, and is appended to our Financial Policies and Procedures Manual.
A perquisite is not allowable if it is not a business related requirement for the effective performance of an employee’s job. Insured benefits are not considered to be perquisites.
Any perquisite provided outside of the insured employee benefits package for staff must be approved by the Executive Director. Any perquisite provided outside of the insured employee benefits package for the Executive Director must be approved by the Board of Directors. A summary of perquisites provided by Community Living York South, if any, will be made publicly available on an annual basis.
The following perquisites for employees are not allowed under any circumstances:
- Club memberships for personal recreation or socializing purposes, such as fitness clubs, golf clubs or social clubs
- Seasons tickets to cultural or sporting events
- Clothing allowances not related to health and safety or special job requirements
- Access to private health clinics – medical services outside those provided by the provincial health care system or by the Community Living York South group insured benefit plans
- Professional advisory services for personal matters, such as tax or estate planning
COMMUNITY LIVING YORK SOUTH CONFIRMS AND ATTESTS THAT THE ASSOCIATION DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY TYPES OF PERQUISITES TO ANY COMMUNITY LIVING YORK SOUTH STAFF MEMBERS, VOLUNTEERS, COMMITTEE MEMBERS, BOARD MEMBERS OR ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH THE ORGANIZATION.