Be a Volunteer!
Join Community Living York South in building a caring community. Volunteers play a vital role in advancing Community Living York South’s mission. Our work is only possible through the support, commitment and passion of our volunteers. Your contributions will benefit individuals with intellectual disabilities and make a difference in their lives by empowering them to live, learn, work and participate in their community.
Volunteer with the Organization
Volunteer with Program or Services
- Design and deliver workshops with facilitators in various programs (we actually list the various workshops they would be helping with i.e. Body image workshops, employment, self-care…)
- Plan special events and support individuals during the outing
- Opportunity to support individuals, one-on-one or in a group setting, in a mentorship capacity
- Volunteer within our various programs and services that runs both seasonally and throughout the year i.e. March Break, Summer Camp, Marketplace (we can add some more programs here if it is available)
- Support in fundraising efforts, administration, office support, maintenance.
- Spend time with people and connect them with their community
- Assist someone in achieving their goals, and inspiring someone to fulfill their dreams.
Contributions made by volunteers will benefit individuals with intellectual disabilities and make a difference in their lives by empowering them to live, learn and participate within the community. This experience will also give volunteers access to opportunities to take part in meaningful placements that develop their interests, increase personal growth and make meaningful connections.
In addition, volunteers can also expect to:
- Get volunteer hours
- Get a reference letter if applicable
- Gain experience and knowledge in community based work
Placement Student Opportunities
Community Living York South is committed to providing meaningful learning opportunities to students enrolled in a wide range of programs, particularly in the field of social work. Unless otherwise specified, all placements are unpaid. If you wish to apply please contact Sabina Khakiani.
We are always looking for volunteers, and we have placement student positions available. Please contact Sabina Khakiani.
Sabina Khakiani, CHRL
Human Resources Manager
Community Living York South
Phone: 905-884-9110 ext 238 Fax: 905-737-3284